Tomorrow? Avs hockey game at 8PM, where I will be sitting between Oscar and Julia. Then I go home with Julia and Piper, because we're having a sleepover, nice and full of me and Julia trying to convert Piper to the wonder of 21 Jump Street (we figure we'll show her Mean Streets and Pastel Houses first; others later) and me trying to get both of them to love Doctor Who. Plus, a bit of MST3K'ing of this one movie. And at break I've got MileHighCon! (Which reminds me: anybody know if it's legal to sleep in the back of a truck parked in the parking lot of a hotel during a con? And if it isn't, how likely am I to be caught?)
Also have pretty much decided on a course of action for next year. No UK for me, and CU Boulder either. Instead? I'm going to move in with my Aunt Martha and Uncle Bob, and chaffeur the twins around while taking some community college courses. After a year, I'll apply to a state college with my loverly residency. Suhweet, man. This way, I get some freedom and responsibility, but in a familiar location so it won't totally overwhelm me.
And I've swung back to forensics as a career. I know, I know, this plan NEVER ends well for me. But hey, I go to Anne Arundel Community College for an Associate Degree in Forensic Science, see if I like/have any aptitude for it, eh? And if I don't, I can easily go into something else when I transfer for my bachelor's, eh? Indeed.
Now, for fun, a meme! Because I don't do NEARLY enough of those, right?
Choose twelve of your original characters in any particular order (NO PEEKING AT THE QUESTIONS AT THIS STAGE!). Then, answer the questions that follow: (I decided to this with a nice blend of some fanfiction OCs, some true OCs, and some RPG characters.)
1. Ryan Galloway - Whiny-ass detective in an unnamed city who is actually fairly good at his job, despite his attitude. His uncle's the mayor, so most people think he got the job simply because of that. He's gaining some cred, however, even if it's only because he's the only person who can talk to the neurotic lab guys and not get his head blown off. Based off of Unferth from Beowulf.
2. Ethan O'Keefe - Shockingly naive and young detective who resembles a puppy dog. His coworkers tend to refer to him as "Our little prodigy" (he doesn't realize that it's condescending, so he just beams when they say it). One of the only people that Ryan isn't constantly sarcastic at - whether because it's wasted on him, or Ryan geniunely likes him, who knows.
3. Tally Rivera - More experience detective than the other two. Happily married with two kids, and tends to treat everyone in the department as one of her kids - she actually corrects their reports before they turn them in. She's highly obsessed with rules and order, and freaks out at people for not following them properly (which is why she became a cop). She's partnered with Ethan.
4. Peter Adessi - Ryan's partner. The oldest of the group, in his late forties. Far quieter than the others, and tends to look constantly vaguely amused. Divorced with three kids, who visit on holidays. His first week on the job he managed to shoot Ryan in the arm, which earned him the admiration and envy of most of the department.
5. Jamie Delaney - From a Sky High fic. A sidekick whose power is to see briefly into the future if it involves physical danger for her. Highly addicted to apple juice, and friends with two complete weirdos. She's highly sarcastic, terrified of heights, and tends to speak without thinking and make horrible puns.
6. Steven Delaney - No relation. From a SVU fic. Brian Cassidy's partner in narcotics, has absolutely no idea what 'tact' means and is a mean sonuvabitch who has been punched by more than one other cop, including Brian. He's a total ass, and delights in it.
7. Sam Pryce - Junior in high school, deputy editor of the school newspaper, and unashamed egotist. Resembles an actor on a popular teen drama, only he says he's far better looking. Also a complete control freak who started a war with the yearbook staff because they wouldn't keep their mess out of his area. Despite being in no sports (swimming doesn't much count), rather popular, most likely due to his extreme biting wit and good looks.
8. Danny Williams - Spaztastic freshman who is incredibly hyper and flexible and who listens to recordings of police sirens to help him fall asleep. He's also in gymnastics, marching band, and drama, and has a major crush on the main techie/hacker girl at the school because she managed to fix his precious DVD player that he'd die - DIE! - without. (He shall be referred to as Danny W.)
9. Boston Murray - Another egotistical student, this time a senior. (And unlike Sam, to go with his ego is a supreme lack of any real self-confidence.) He's station manager for the school's television show, and a member-in-name-only of the Young Democrats. He drags his brother Charlie everywhere with him as a sort of built-in buddy.
10. Abby Vescovi - Senior in high school, president of the chess club, and plays cymbals in the marching band. Very weird, and very into building things without the use of instructions (they're for the weak). This generally leads to explosions.
11. Danny - A former warrior against evil, under a curse that makes her stay fifteen years old with memories of only the last ten years. She's highly intent on becoming a journalist and is trying to track down the story of a lifetime - the Apocalypse.
12. Zen - Imprisoned far into the future after killing someone (wasn't framed, wasn't even really in the right, just killed him), she's head of one of the few decent gangs in all of Prison City. Her focus is almost entirely on keeping the peace and helping the city run itself, and occasionally dealing with far-reaching conspiracies that people there cook up. And, of course, fire-bombing the houses of white collar criminals (the pussies).
01) Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Steve) or 11 (Danny)? What subjects would they teach?
Oh man. I could not pick two WORSE people to teach. Um, okay, probably Danny, and she'd like to teach journalism or writing, but would end up teaching some sort of mythology course and despising it every step of the way.
02) Do you think 2 (Ethan) is hot? How hot?
Oh, he's quite good looking. More cute than hot, but also a bit of hot (especially with his shirt off). I personally wouldn't find him hot, but I've got weird tastes.
03) 12 (Zen) sends 8 (Danny W.) on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Well, assuming that Danny Williams somehow falls into a time-rift (possibly created by Abby) and winds up in the future in Prison City... She'd probably send him on some sort of mission that involves lots of climbing and flexibility and some death-defying stunts, because Danny's the best at those. And it probably would succeed, as long as he doesn't get caught up chatting with a random person he runs into, or bursts into song.
04) What is or would be 9's (Boston Murray) favorite book?
I should SO know this. Probably The Prince by Machiavelli. Or something by Nietzche. He likes to look smart.
05) Would it make more sense for 2 (Ethan) to swear fealty to 6 (Steven), or the other way around?
Um, neither way, really. But probably Ethan, because Steven's far too arrogant and stubborn to pledge fealty to anyone.
06) For some reason, 5 (Jamie) is looking for a roommate. Should he/she share a studio apartment with 9 (Boston) or with 10 (Abby)?
I think she'd get along best with Abby - she's quite used to having friends that cause constant explosions, and Boston's constant arrogance mixed with neediness would be sure to annoy her fast.
07) 2 (Ethan), 7 (Sam) and 12 (Zen) have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Again, ignoring time, it's highly likely that Sam would be interviewing Zen and Ethan about some case that Zen helped Ethan solve. They'd probably go to some sort of discreet pub - Sam's got a flair for the dramatic.
08) 3 (Tally) challenges 10 (Abby) to a duel. What happens?
Er. Abby's sword (or gun, whatever kind of duel we're talking about) blows up/falls apart, or she notices a pretty metallic object off in the distance. In any case, Tally wins.
09) If 1 (Ryan) stole 8's (Danny W.'s) most precious possession, how would s/he get it back?
Sneak into Ryan's room while he was sleeping and proceed to jump on the bed singing annoying pop songs at the top of his lungs until Ryan gives it back.
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 (Sam) and 12 (Zen) both attain what they most desire.
Freedom (Both of Life and Press). Hey, she gets out of jail, and he gets a job at a top paper. S'all good.
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 (Peter) and 1 (Ryan) to work together?
Uh, a crime. Any crime. THEY'RE PARTNERS, DUR. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO.
12) If 7 (Sam) visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Oh, brilliantly. Or we'd kill each other. Probably both.
13) If you could command 3 (Tally) to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
Write my damn research paper for me, jesus.
14) Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11 (Danny)?
I doubt it, since I just came up with her... yesterday. Bwahaha.
15) If 2 (Ethan) had to choose sides between 4 (Peter) and 5 (Jamie), which would it be?
Peter. He don't know Jamie at ALL.
16) What might 10 (Abby) shout while charging into battle?
"ROBOTS!" or something equally as random.
17) If you chose a song to represent 8 (Boston), which song would you choose?
I'm soooo tempted to go with "Boston" by Augustana. Hah.
18) 1 (Ryan), 6 (Steven), and 12 (Zen) are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant.
And then it gets destroyed in all-out bitch-slapping fest between the three of them. Yes.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 (Ethan) to use on 10 (Abby)?
"Wanna see where they cut up the dead people?"
20) What would 5 (Jamie) most likely be arrested for?
Being a public nuisance.
21) What is 6's (Steven's) secret?
He collects unicorns. Anything with a unicorn on it, he's got it. Totally.
22) If 11 (Danny) and 9 (Boston) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Depends. They'd both cheat terribly, but Danny's got the supernatural on her side, so I'll go with her.
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 (Sam) or 8 (Danny W.)?
Uh, Sam, def. Danny is tiny, tiny hyperactive child who would scare a three year old - or be able to hurt one.
24) 1 (Ryan) and 9 (Boston) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's (Peter's) sinister secret organization. 11 (Danny) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for 4 (Peter). Meanwhile, 4 (Peter) has kidnapped 12 (Zen) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Jamie), they seek out 3 (Tally), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
In Which Peter is Controlled By the Voices in His Head. Or Pure and Total Crackination.