Let's see how much you remember and how much you regret.
1. Who was your best friend?
Andrika! Or Joe. It's hard to say.
2. Who did you date?
3. Where did you live?
Same place I do now - Aurora, Colorado. Same house.
4. Did you buy lunch?
Yep. Sometimes pizza, sometimes the school lunch. Depended on what it was.
5. It's Friday night, where were you?
Either on the computer or reading a book - sometimes at a movie with my mom. Same as now!
6. Were you a party animal?
7. Skip school?
Not back then. I'd pretend to be sick sometimes, though.
9. Can you sing the alma mater?
We didn't have one.
10. What was your favorite class?
Probably social studies, because the teacher was awesome.
11. What was your school's full name?
Laredo Middle School
12. Did you go to the dances?
I went to the last one - all of the other ones were for, like, people in foreign languages or other things I didn't qualify under. I actually requested the second-to-last song at that dance, Daft Punk's "One More Time". The last was, of course, "Graduation (Friends Forever)", and... yeah, I cried.
13. If you could go back in time and do it all over would you?
Dunno - don't think so.
15. Favorite memory in 8th grade?
Probably watching Monty Python in social studies - that was FUN!
16. Where did you go most often for lunch?
My assigned Commons, duh. I think once or twice I went to a different one to hang out with Joe, but I was always terrified of getting caught.
17. What did you do on the last day of school?
Elitch's! And then, when we got off the bus, they handed out a piece of paper informing us that one of the teachers had been arrested for sexual molestation! Oh, the memories...
18. Did you like 8th grade?
Yep! First year of school in Colorado that I liked, actually.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Finished NaNoWriMo, got a boyfriend, got my driver's license, got a cat, got an iPod, got a job...
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Er, I don't even remember my resolutions, so that would be a no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My dog did.
5. What countries or states did you visit?
Pretty much all of the east coast, plus the states between here and there.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
I'd like to actually have some follow-through to my great plans.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Dates? None, really, I'm not good with dates. I remember events, not months and days.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not killing Nancy M. I mean, uh, finishing NaNo.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Quitting my job after, like, a week.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
This is me. Of COURSE I did.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well, I ordered the latest CHERUB book, the first Torchwood DVD, and the Torchwood books not long before the end of the year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my friends who did NaNo!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not so much depressed as annoyed, but Alan.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably Sims 2 expansion packs. Barely joking here.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting a boyfriend!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Less Than Jake's "Don't Fall Asleep on the Subway" will always remind me of Boston in the summer. And Relient K's "Hoopes I Did It Again", because it's so the theme of Humanex.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. I've got more, and better, friends; I've accomplished things I hadn't been able to before.
b) thinner or fatter? Dunno. I haven't weighed myself in, like, years.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, because I've spent a LOT of my inheritence. Mostly on school, but some on other stuff too.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Anything athletic, heh.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it opening presents, and then sleeping. Heh.
21. How will you spend New Year's?
On the computer, and then drinking some alcohol.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Dunno. Don't think so.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Probably NCIS, I'd say.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don't think so. I'm not big on hating. Being annoyed by, yes, I was annoyed like hell by Jake and a few others, but I don't hate any of them.
26. What was the best book you read?
Um... Hard to say. I'm randomly going with CHERUB: Divine Madness. Cults, eh? Always fun!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'd say Plain White T's.
28. What did you want and got?
An iPod, a boyfriend, etc.
29. What did you want and not get?
To get fit. Heh.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hm... good question. I have no idea.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 17, and I went to Fat City with my buds, where we had tons of fun!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being more fit. Heh.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
T-shirts and jeans. With the occasional bizarre concept that I should combine various brightly colored things 'cause it'd look cool. Heh.
34. What kept you sane?
Lots of things! I wasn't too insane this year.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You and your tough questions! I will randomly pick David Monahan, although there's about twenty others right close up.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage, I guess. I don't get too stirred up by politics, because I can see both sides of every issue.
37. Who did you miss?
Man, I dunno. Probably Joe, although he tends to annoy me when I actually spend more than a little bit of time with him. But he's my bud!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Have to go with Oscar, duh.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
To quote my senior quote: "Everything I've learned about life can be summed up in three words: it goes on."
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'll go with Less Than Jake -
I think sex is overrated
So is always getting wasted
All my friends and family
They make my life so complicated
I'm so sick of apathy and TV show reality
Now, I must go get ready for Carter's 18th birthday party, aight?